See where you can get involved!
PYP IS CERTIFIED TO AWARD PRESIDENTIAL SERVICE VOLUNTEER AWARDS (PVSAs)
Volunteer as a teacher!
Fill out the form below to sign up to volunteer in one of our Fall Session classes or on an as-needed basis for our events!
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or @PlanetYouthProject on Instagram for more information/if the form is closed!
Upcoming volunteer opportunities include outreach events, fundraisers, etc. on an as-needed basis, and teaching in our 8-week programs this upcoming fall session, with the following dates:
- Intro to Climate Change, Grades 1-3: Tuesdays at 4:30-5:15PM, from October 3rd to November 21st
- Intro to Climate Change, Grades 4-5: Wednesdays at 5:30-6:30PM, from October 4th to November 22nd
- Sustainable Living, all grades: Mondays at 4:30-5:30PM, from October 2nd to November 20th
- Sustainable Living (in-person at Sammamish Boys & Girls Club): Wednesdays TBD
- Environmental Innovations (recommended for grades 4-5): Saturdays at 2:00-3:00PM, from September 30th to November 18th
As a teacher, you would commit to teaching at least one weekly class lasting 8 weeks. Only ONE absence is allowed (and strongly discouraged due to the short duration of the program). You would also participate in weekly team meetings to prep for each teaching session!
Volunteers will teach a pre-made curriculum. PowerPoints and scripts will be available, with one officer who has taught the course before heading each class alongside 1-2 volunteers. If you volunteer with us this session, you will be able to lead the class you taught for future sessions and join the PYP family!